The name of Jesus is the key to a successful Christian life. In this article, we will see some of the key characteristics and blessings in the name of Jesus Christ.
In the beginning, was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. (John 1:1,3)
This is a very well-known verse. Many of us by-hearted this word. The “WORD” was there with “GOD” in the “BEGINNING”. And the “WORD” was “GOD”. Also, the above verse tells us that, all things that were made, were made by the “WORD”. We can see from Genesis chapter 1, “God said…” in all six creational events. God said the “WORD” and the “WORD” created all.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men. (John 1:4)
There is life in the “WORD” or the “WORD” has life. This life is light for men. That’s why Psalmist writes, “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. (Psalm 119:105)”. Not only the life which is in the “WORD” is light, but the “WORD” himself is “LIGHT”. John writes ” God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. (1 John 1:5)”. But this “WORD” shineth in the darkness (John 1:5). If we observe the presence of him,
- light shineth in darkness (John 1:5), that means the presence of the WORD which is LIGHT is in the darkness. But darkness could not comprehend.
- He was in the world (John 1:10), which means, the presence of the WORD which is LIGHT is in the world. The world did not know him.
- He came unto his own (John 1:11), which means, the presence of the WORD which is LIGHT is with his own (Israelites). His own did not receive him.
But there are some people who could comprehend, know and receive him.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name (John 1:12)
Who are these that received him? These were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (John 1:13). In 1st Peter we can see, ” Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever. (1 Peter 1:23)”. So for these people, the “WORD” came down to earth bearing a name to believe in.
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us (John 1:14),
Angel told Mary, “behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of his kingdom, there shall be no end. (Luke 1:31-33) ” and the same angel told Joseph, ” she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. (Matthew 1:21)”. Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage – (Hebrews 2:14-15). So we can understand that the WORD became flesh to deliver them which are in flesh and lifetime subject to the bondage of death. WORD became flesh to deliver his people from sin and make them children of God.
In John 1:12 we see, “But as many as received HIM, to them…”. received WHOM? Till that verse, it was written about the “WORD”. That means as many as received the WORD, to them gave he (WORD) power to become the sons of GOD. What is the meaning of receiving the WORD? believing in his name. What is the name of the WORD? JESUS.
When we believe in the name of JESUS, the WORD (JESUS) gives us the power to become the sons of GOD.
What is there in the name of JESUS?
- where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. (Matthew 18:20)
- And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; (Mark 16:17)
- And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. (John 14:13)
- If ye shall ask anything in my name, I will do it. (John 14:14)
- But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name (John 14:26)
- whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you (John 15:16)
- Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. (John 16:23)
- Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full. (John 16:24)
The above list witnesses the power and blessing that God packaged in the NAME OF JESUS.
My dear beloved in the Lord! Are you believing in the name of JESUS? Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God -Romans 10:17. The word of God says, ” Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world (John 1:29)”. The angel Gabriel told Joseph, that the child should be called JESUS because he will save his people from sins. If you believe in the NAME OF JESUS, you and your household can be saved. The word of God says, ” believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house (Acts 16:31)”.
If the Spirit of God speaks to you when you read this blog, kneel down in prayer and submit to the calling and guidance of the Holy Spirit. Accept Lord Jesus Christ as your savior. May God reveal himself to you. The word of God says, “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:12)”
If already you believe in the name of Lord Jesus Christ and become a child of God, I thank God for the wonderful relationship you have with Him. If you feel this blog can edify someone, please feel free to share with others as you have the burden in your spirit.
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. (2 Corinthians 13:14)